Commercial package of MS-Office: MS-Powerpoint
4. MS-Office: MS-Powerpoint
Powerpoint is a presentation program developed exclusively to make presentations. The Current Versions are Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2010 for windows and Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2011 for Mac.
Powerpoint uses a graphical approach to presentation in the form of the slide shows that accompanies the oral delivery of the topic. This program is widely used in business and classrooms and is an effective tool when used for training purposes. Powerpoint can include text, audio, and video element. Powerpoint files are saved with extension .ppt. the default file name of the PowerPoint file is Presentation 1.
The slide is the major component in Presentation software. A user arranges his data on the number of slides and they are presented in a predefined sequence with various multimedia effects. The mainly used components of PowerPoint are wizards, templates, color schemes, etc.
Features of PowerPoint
1. Powerpoint can be used to create black and white transparencies.
2. Powerpoint supports bullets and numbering for creating lists.
3. It supports various auto-shapes, through drawing toolbar.
4. Powerpoint supports importing and exporting of slides from/to other files.
5. A user can easily create graphs and charts on a slide.
Steps to Start PowerPoint
Start --> Program --> MS-Office --> MS-Powerpoint
Powerpoint Has three types of View
1. Normal View: Normal View is the default view for slides. It contains three panes namely the outline pane, slide pane, and notes pane. The size of the panes can be adjusted by dragging the pane borders.
Outlines Pane displays the next written in all the slides of the presentation. This view is mainly used while editing the content of the presentation.
Slide Panel is used to viewing, how the contents of slides look on each slide.
Notes Pane is used to adding speaker notes or additional information if the user wants to share with the audience at the time of presentation. This is displayed at the bottom of the Slide Pane.
2. Slide Sorter View: This view displays multiple slides with their attributes. It presents slides in Miniature. This view is generally used to add, delete, or recorded slides in a presentation.
3. Notes Page View: Generally notes are required by the speaker for his help. This view has been provided for notes that are to be created for a particular slide.