Commercial package of MS-Office: MS-Word
1. MS-Office: MS-Word
Definition of Word Processor
Word Processor is a software package that enables users to create, edit, print, and save documents for future reference. Once the document is served, it can easily be retrieved.
The biggest advantage of word processor over traditional typewriters is that it enabled users to make changes to a document without retyping the entire document.
Features Of MS-Word
The following are the features of the word because of which has become popular among other word processors in the market:
1. Text Documents can be created and editing easily when required ass per the user's requirement.
2. Formatting features of the word make it easy to set margins for any pages, reformat the entire document, or part of it.
3. A different option for font size, color, and types are available.
4. Spell check features enable the user to correct the spellings, once the user finished typing.
5. Drawing Toolbar helps the user to draw various figures or format in the Document.
6. Various table formats can be made easily in order to arrange data columns wise.
7. A mail merge facility enables the user to create documents that can be sent to multiple users.
8. Macro helps the user to automate the repeated tasks just by recording the steps and playing the macro when required.
9. The help feature can be used to get details about any specific option.
Steps To Start MS-Word
1. To Start, MS-Word clicks on the Start button present on Taskbar. Select Program --> MS-Office --> MS-Word.
1. Title Bar: It contains the name of the document. When the user opens the MS-Word, a blank document appears with the name Document 1, and then the user can give his / her own name to the document. The new name given by the user will be replaced by the default name document 1.
2. Tool Bar: Most common toolbar available in the world is the standard toolbar and formatting toolbar. More toolbar can be added or removed from the view menu. The toolbar helps the user to perform the various tasks easily.
3. Menu Bar: The menu bar Contains Different menu options that contain a list of specific task options.
4. Ruler Bar: The Ruler Bar allows the user to format the vertical alignment of text in a document.
5. Status Bar: The status bar displays information about the currently active document. Information includes the page number, on which the user is working, the column, and the line number of the cursor position.
6. Scroll Bar: The Scroll Bar helps the user to scroll the content of the document by moving upward or downward.
7. Workspace: The workspace is an area where the user types the contents of the document.